Synotrip is here to make it as easy for you to plan and book a tour with a Tour Guide of your choice.
How to Get in Touch With Tour Guides
You can search for Tour Guides in many locations worldwide. Then contact one or more of them via the contact form on the bottom of their profile page.
You can start your search at http://www.synotrip.com/tour-guides. Or, browse through basically any content on the site - it will eventually lead you to a Tour Guide!
To contact them, you'll need to sign up and login first. Use the buttons on the top-right.
With so many Tour Guides, who should you choose? Here are a few pointers.
- See if there are reviews by other Trippers posted on their profile.
- See how long the Tour Guide has been signed up on Synotrip. If they've been active for a long time, there's a good chance they've had the time to build up expertise and smooth out their service offerings.
- Check out the content they've contributed. This can display their knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Ask for references.
- Choose somebody that you're comfortable with.
- Don't be afraid to contact more than one Tour Guide and compare.
Getting The Most Out of Your Tour
Talk to your Tour Guide before meeting them to discuss your plan. Don't be shy to ask questions.
Here are some topics you might discuss:
- The length of time they will work.
- The number of people that will attend the Tour.
- Who will pay entrance tickets, meal fees and transportation fees.
- Whether or not tipping is expected.
- Where you will be travelling together.
- Where you will NOT be travelling together. It is not uncommon for Tour Guides to earn commissions from vendors in exchange for bringing travellers to gift shops. If you don't want to stop at any of these, let them know ahead of time.
- Any special considerations you will need.
- What currency you will be paying with. You pay the Tour Guide directly. Synotrip charges neither the Tripper nor the Tour Guide.
- Finally, after using their services, please go to their profile and post a review. Both your Tour Guide and other Trippers will appreciate it!
- Post reviews or photos elsewhere on the site.
Synotrip does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any member profile on Synotrip.com. Synotrip merely provides a platform for Tour Guides and travellers to meet.
FAQ For Trippers
What’s A Tripper Profile?
Synotrip users are divided into two types: Tour Guides and Trippers. Tour Guides can register a Tour Guide profile on synotrip.com to show their services and charges. Trippers can also fill out their profile if they like.
How Can I pay My Tour Guide?
Synotrip is just a platform for Tour Guides and Trippers to meet. We don't handle payments.
We suggest that you negotiate the price and payment method ahead of time. Make sure to discuss whether a tip is expected or not.
We also advise you to consider who is expected to pay expenses on the tour, such as admissions fees for tourist attractions and transportation fees.
Finally, remember to confirm which currency should be used.
When in doubt, ask!
How Can I Review a Tour Guide?
It would be great if you could post a review of your Tour Guide. They'll appreciate it, and so will other Trippers.
In order to do that, you need to log in to your profile, navigate to the Tour Guide’s profile, then click the "Add New Review" button.
When Will My Review Be Published?
It can take up to 4 work days for our moderators to approve new content.