Synotrip is here to make it as easy as possible for independent travellers, or 'Trippers' as we like to call them, to plan their tours.
Choosing a Tour Guide
If you need a Tour Guide, you can search for guides who work in the destination where you’re going and contact him/her directly to arrange your tour details.
You can start your search at http://www.synotrip.com/tour-guides.
After you find a Tour Guide you like, you can make a Tripper profile and contact them by clicking the Book A Tour button located on the guide`s profile. Once you get in touch with the guide you will be able to arrange all the trip details.
Once you get in touch with the guide you will be able to arrange all the trip details.
There are so many Tour Guides listed! Who should you choose? Here are some points to consider.
- See if there are reviews by other Trippers posted on their profile.
- See how long the Tour Guide has been signed up on Synotrip. If they've been active for a long time, there's a good chance they've had the time to build up expertise and smooth out their service offerings.
- Check out the content they've contributed. This can display their knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Ask for references.
Getting the Most Out of Your Tour
Talk to your Tour Guides before meeting them to discuss your plan. Don't be shy to ask questions.
Here are some ideas for points to discuss:
- The length of time they will work.
- The number of people that will attend the tour.
- Who will pay entrance tickets, meal fees and transportation fees. Also, discuss whether or not you will be tipping.
- Where you will be travelling together. For that matter, tell them where you will NOT be travelling together as well. It is not uncommon for Tour Guides to earn commissions from vendors in exchange for bringing travellers to gift shops. If you don't want to stop at any of these, let them know ahead of time.
- Any special considerations you will need.
- What currency you will be paying with. You pay the Tour Guide directly. Synotrip charges neither the Tripper nor the Tour Guide.
- Finally, after using their services, please go to their profile and post a review. This is highly useful for other trippers and your guide will appreciate it.
Synotrip does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any member profile on Synotrip.com. Synotrip merely provides a platform for Tour Guides and travellers to meet.
FAQ For Trippers
What’s A Tripper Profile?
Synotrip users are divided into two categories: Tour Guides and Trippers. Tour Guides can register a Tour Guide profile on synotrip.com to show their services and charges. Trippers can also add to their profile if they like.
How can I pay my Tour Guide?
Synotrip is just a platform for Tour Guides and Trippers to meet. We don't handle payments.
We suggest that you negotiated the price and payment method ahead of time. Make sure to discuss whether a tip is expected or not.
We also advise you to consider who is expected to pay expenses on the tour, such as admissions fees for tourist attractions and transportation fees.
Finally, remember to confirm which currency should be used.
When in doubt, ask!
How can I review a Tour Guide?
It would be great if you could post a review of your Tour Guide. They'll appreciate it, and so will other Trippers.
In order to do that, you need to log in to your profile, navigate to the Tour Guide’s profile, then click the "Add New Review" button.
When will the review I posted be published?
It can take up to 4 work days for our moderators to approve new content.