12-Day Famous Daoism Mountain Adventure Tour in China
In this adventure tour, you will visit the China’s four Daoism Mountain!
In this tour, you will visit Mt.Luofou in Guangdong, Mt.Longhu in Jiangxi, Mt.Qincheng in Sichuan, and Mt.Wudang in Hubei, the four mountains are regarded as the Four Famous Daoism Mountains of China.
Including: Guangzhou, Chengdu, Wuhan, Nanchang & Shanghai
Day 1 Guangzhou
Arrive in Guangzhou, the metropolis in south China and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Guangzhou
Drive half day to Mount.Luofu, afternoon visit the mountain, including the Chong Xu Guan and the Zhu Ming Cave.
- Mount Luofu: Luofu Mountain, one of the 10 most famous mountains of China, is situated to the northwest of Boluo County, Guangdong Province. The mountain is actually part of a range of 432 peaks, and with over 900 waterfalls, 18 caves, and 72 cliffs. To Daoists, the mountain is known as the Grotto Heaven of Vermillion Brightness and Shining Perfection. Luofu Shan (shan means mountain) is best known as the place where the renowned Daoist Ge Hong (281-341 A.D.) once refined elixirs.
Day 3 Guangzhou
Morning continue visit the mountain, including the Huang Long Guan, Jiu Tian Guan, Shu Miu Guan. In the afternoon, drive back to Guangzhou.
Day 4 Chengdu
Take a morning flight from Guangzhou to Chengdu, meet at Chengdu airport, and transfer to visit the Qing Yang Gong Daoism Palace, and the Giant Panda Breeding Center.
- Qingyang Daoism Palace:Qingyang Temple is one of the most famous Taoist temples in China. It is conveniently located in the northwest part of Chengdu, in the Sichuan Province.The temple was originally built in the Tang Dynasty (618-907), a period when Taoism was flourishing. Most of the parts of the temple that remain in existence are restorations from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), including Sanqing Hall, Doulao Hall, Hunyuan Palace, the Eight Trigrams Pavilion, and Wuji Palace.
Day 5 Chengdu
Drive to visit Mt.Qincheng, including the Jian Fu Gong, Chang Dao Guan, Tian Si Cave, Shang Qin Gong, etc. In the late afternoon, drive back to Chengdu.
- Mt.Qincheng: Located east to Chengdu and Dujiangyan with a distance of 68 kilometers and 10-odd kilometers respectively, Mount Qingcheng dominates the Chengdu plain. It is one of the most famous Taoist holy lands in China and listed together with the neighboring Dujiangyan as the World Heritage site. Mount Qingcheng abounds with historic sites and cultural relics as well as natural beauties.
Day 6 Wuhan
Take a morning flight from Chengdu to Wuhan, meet at airport, and transfer to visit the Chang Chun Guan, after dinner, board a night train on soft sleeper from Wuhan to Shi Yian.
- Changchun Taoist Temple:Located south of Shuangfeng Mountain, at Da Dong Men, Wuchang District, Wuhan City, Changchun Taoist Temple is the largest and most well-preserved Taoist Temple in Wuhan. Renowned as a blessed place in the south of Yangtze River for generations, it was listed as a key national Taoist temple by the State Council in 1983.
Day 7 Shiyan
Your train will arrive in Shi Yian in early morning, meet at train station, and drive to visit Mt.Wudang, including Zi Xiao Gong, Tai He Gong, and the Golden Temple.
- Mt.Wudang:The Wudang Mountains are a small mountain range in the Hubei province of China, just to the south of the manufacturing city of Shiyan.In years past, the mountains of Wudang were known for the many Taoist monasteries to be found there, monasteries which became known as an academic centre for the research, teaching and practise of meditation, Chinese martial arts, traditional Chinese medicine, Taoist agriculture practises and related arts.
Day 8 Wuhan
Take a train on soft sleeper from Shi Yian back to Wuhan, meet at Wuhan train station.
Day 9 Yingtang
Take a morning flight from Wuhan to Nanchang, meet at Nanchang airport, and transfer to Ying Tang. Stay at the foot of Mt.Longhu.
- Mt.Longhu:Originally called "Yunjin Mountain", Longhushan Mountain is located in Yingtan City of Jiangxi Province. It is the birthplace of Chinese Taoism. The well-established Taoist culture, green rivers and red mountains of unique beauty and cliff tombs with unraveled mysteries are the "three marvelous features" of Longhushan Mountain.
Day 10 Mt.Longhu
Visit Mt.Longhu, including the Tian Si Fu, Shang Qin Gong, afternoon take a bamboo raft down the Luxi river, enjoy the pretty scenery of the Xian Shui Yian.
Day 11 Nanchang
Drive back to Nanchang, then take an afternoon flight from Nanchang to Beijing, meet at Beijing airport.
Day 12 Beijing
Morning visit Bai Yun Guan in Beijing, after lunch, transfer to airport for your departure flight.
- Baiyun Guan:Beijing Baiyun Guan, meaning the White Cloud Taoist Temple, this is one of the largest and oldest Taoist temples in China, and is home to the Taoist Association of China. Baiyun Guan holds an important position for numerous Taoists.