Mekong Delta by motorbike/ car (full day)
Mekong delta, the “rice bowl” of Vietnam, is carpeted in a dizzying variety of greens and innumerable rivers where boats, houses and markets float upon. This trip, led by our experienced local guides, brings you into the heart of the delta, cruising along the mighty Mekong with hundreds of jungle-shaded canals, streams and wide waterways, exploring fishing villages, exotic fruit farms, and the fascinating way of life for many locals in Southern Vietnam. You’ll also enjoy a lunch of traditional Mekong Delta dishes and sample local specialties along the way.
Trip duration option and mode of transportation: varied
- Day trip: motorbike/ private car
- 2 days 1 night: motorbike/ private car
- 3 days 2 nights: motorbike/ private car
- 4 days 3 nights: motorbike/ private car
- 5 days 4 nights: motorbike/ private car
- Customized time
Itinerary (day trip):
- Head towards a local Vietnamese shop for an authentic breakfast.
- Drive to Mekong delta.
- Arrive at Mekong and board a private boat to explore different islands along the river.
- Visit local industries including brick factory to watch bricks being made in traditional methods, a straw mat weaving house, a coconut processing plant where you get to try yummy coco candies and/ or floating fish farm where villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp, and honey farm. Today the river boat is your taxi.
- You will get to taste all sorts of local flavors for lunch and enjoy fresh coconuts, and siesta on hammocks. This is what Mekong Delta is all about.
- Get back on the river on a small rowboat. Enjoy the peaceful countryside river life as you paddle your sampan through the palm-tree lined canals.
- Towards the end, our boat will pick us up again and we will cruise back to the boat landing in Ben Tre town, the coconut kingdom.
- Drive back to Saigon.
- 110 USD/ person/ motorbike
- Starting from 219 USD/ person/ private car
Tour price includes:
- Pick up and drop off at your place
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide/ tour leader
- Motorbike with helmet/ Private car with AC
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Itinerary is subject to change slightly due to the time you book therefore the availability of entrance of these places
- Prices are subject to change due to the time you book (national holiday, etc.)
- For itinerary and price of longer trip to Mekong Delta, please contact us
Please contact me if you want to book.
Hope to see you soon! Happy traveling!