Addis Ababa city tour the land of Head quarter of African Union
Addis Ababa relatively modern city center started to take shape following the arrival the railway at the south end of what is now Churchill road Avenue in 1917 and its present day street plan was finalized during the Italian occupation . The city center is arguable of interest more for its cafes , restaurant , bar ,night club , pension , shop and other ...
Addis Ababa is political , economical and social capital city center of Ethiopia founded by Emperor MenelikII in 1887 , this big city sprawling hospitable city still bears the stamp of his exuberant personality , Addis Ababa is situated in the foot hills of the 3000m ENTOTO mountain and rambles and guilies cut through -flowing streams .
There are numerous restaurant offering various exotic dishes from many parts of the world .Ethiopian foods is served at majority there are chines ,Italian , french , Indian , Armenian , Arabic ,Greek and many other specialist , restaurants . Indeed ,it is possible to eat out your way around the world without leaving Addis .
Things to visit
- UNECA ( united nation economic commission for Africa )
- National museum of Ethiopia a place where in which Lucy the first fossiled found by Dr. DonaldJohnson American and Ethiopian paleontologist in 1974 .
- Ras Mekkonen Bridge
- The Armenian orthodox church
- The Greek orthodox church
- Piazza market place
- Mercato one of the biggest market in African Continent .Here you can get everything except human being . Filwoha ( hot spring ) Empress Taitu decided to settled and name Addis Ababa .
- The former palace of His Imperial Majesty Haileselassie
- Lion Zoo : inside the fence one can see Lion zoo and lioness ,Marabu storks ,Lesser and Greater Kudu , Menelik bush buck ,Ethiopian endemic chelada baboon
- Lion zoo
- Mexico square
- puskine monument Alexander Pushkin renowned Russian poet to have Ethiopian Blood .
- Typical Ethiopian traditional restaurant which is magnificent to see some of the night life about people and the culture of each nation and nationality of Ethiopia from different region with their music .