4 days Kuming Lijiang Tour
Private tour, departs everyday.
Day 01 Kunming arrival (D)
Upon arrival, be met at airport and transfer to local hotel.
Take afternoon time to visit Bamboo Monastery (Qiongzhu)with dinner included. You can also go to the Kundu Night Market around the nearby streets.
- Bamboo Monastery: On the beautiful wooded Yu'an Mountain, only twelve kilometers (seven miles) northwest of Kunming, is the famous Buddhist Qiongzhu Temple. The temple and the bamboo forest that surround it have a wonderful and mysterious legend about their origins.
Day 02 Kunming (B, L, D)
After breakfast, drive to Lunan county to visit Stone Forest. Return to Kunming in the afternoon to visit Golden Temple.
- Stone Forest: 90km to the south of Kunming. Due to a process of weathering and erosion, nature has created an art gallery of stone sculpture there.
- Golden Temple: Located on top of Mingfeng (Singing Phoenix) Hill is the home of the Taoist Taihe Palace (Hall of Supreme Harmony), which is the largest copper temple in China. It is also known as the Tongwa Temple (Bronze Tile Temple) and by its popular name, the Golden Temple.
Day 03 Kunming -> Lijiang (B, L, D)
Take morning flight to Lijiang. Visit the Baisha Murals in local village and then go forward Lijiang Ancient Town.
- Baisha Mural: With the introduction of the Buddhism, people painted plenty of murals on the walls of temples in the Ming Dynasty.
- Lijiang ancient town: The town was built in the late song dynasty and the early Yuan dynasty and was listed by the UNESCO on the list of the world's major cultural heritages in 1997. Its Square Street is very famous.
Day 04 Lijiang -> Kunming - Departure (B, L)
Take morning flight to Kunming. We will visit Dragon Gate in Western Hills there to finish our Kunming trip.
Drive to airport for your departure flight in the afternoon. Farewell, Kunming.
- Western Hills: Lying in the western suburbs of Kunming, it is also called 'Sleeping Buddha Hills'. For looked at from a distance, they have the appearance of a giant sleeping Buddha. They have also been given another name - 'Sleeping Beauty Hills' for the hills when viewed together look like a beautiful young lady laying beside Dianchi Lake with her face upward and her hair trailling into water. You can see the outline of her face, chest, and legs clearly.
- Being the outstanding scenic place in Western Hills, Dragon Gate is a big exquisite stone carved edifice. The stone paths, stone rooms, stone grottos, and stone Buddhist figures are all carved with excellent craftsmanship on a large natural rock. Like Sanqing Pavilion, Dragon Gate was also built on cliff. You can stand on the edge of the cliff holding the railing, looking downward to experience the steepness of the hill and enjoy the spectacle of Dianchi Lake.