1. Walk around the Upper town (Cathedral, main farm market, Stone Gates, Saint Mark square, Parliament, Lotrscak Tower…)
2. Visit Museum of the city of Zagreb (hosts chronological history of Zagreb, mostly in artifacts)
3. Walk through the Lower town (National Theatre, Botanical garden, King Tomislav square, Jelacic square, City Library…)
4. Visit Mimara museum (also known as Croatian Louvre; it is my favorite museum. It has a nice collection of historic artifacts and paintings).
5. Visit Jarun park (big park with lakes, with many cafes and restaurants)
6. Visit Bundek park (a newer park in the New Zagreb part of the city, next to the Sava river).
7. Visit astronomical observatory of Zagreb, located on the top terrace of the Popov tower on the Upper town. One of the best views in Zagreb, and you will also get to see some nice stars and planets.
8.Visit Samobor (charming little town only about 20-30 mins away from Zagreb)
9.Visit Varazdin (ex-capital of Croatia, a story in itself. A must if you’re staying in Zagreb for more than 1-2 days. Located about an hour away from Zagreb).
10.Visit Trakoscan castle (The most famous and according to many, the most beautiful castle in Croatia. You can connect this trip with the visit to Varazdin, or a visit to Ivansica mountain, which has unique villages, towns, and a dreamy natural places to visit on the mountain itself)