Author: GuestLogin to Add to Your Guide Book
Hours: 10:30am to 9pm, daily.
Address: Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
Phone number: +852 183 0830
As if a trip to Hong Kong isn’t mind-blowing enough, you can now also experience the magic of Mickey Mouse and make your dreams become even more truer at Disneyland. Opened back in 2005, this park has now become a staple piece on the rack of must-do Hong Kong attractions. There are four theme parks within Disneyland with each offering a wide range of quality family entertainment.
Main Street, U.S.A.
Have you ever dreamed of traveling back in time to experience small town Americana? Think bowler hats and old-style picket fence architecture and you probably have a mental picture close-enough to the reality of Main Street, U.S.A. This introductory area of the park brings typical early 20th century American culture town to life. Listen to the singing barber shop boys or take a ride on a steam engine - you would be forgiven for believing you’d stepped into a corny time machine.
For those looking for something more ’adventurous’ there is Adventureland. Scream in unison with the crowds as you discover the surprises waiting for you on the riverboat cruise or get marooned on the desert island in the middle of the river. Of course there are also many legacies of Disney’s timeless classics, with shows such as The Lion King and Winne The Pooh.
Relive your fondest childhood memories and meet your favorite characters like Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, and many others that require no introduction. You may also spin in a storybook cup or be swept away by Cinderella’s carriage. Fantasyland is a fairy tale waiting to come true.
Explore the limitless mystery that is the universe at Tomorrowland. Begin your own adventure on a rocket through the atmosphere on your own spaceship, or team up with Buzz Lightyear to save the galaxy!
Sweet dreams are never enough. Stay at the heart of the magic and follow your dreams. There are two themed hotels in Hong Kong Disneyland : Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
Visiting Disneyland is like visiting a mini-country. On a one day trip it is best to fully utilize the limited time and enjoy as many of your favourite attractions as possible. Plan your itinerary ahead of time in order to make the most of the day. Nothing is more time consuming and irritating than waiting in a long queue. Pick up a Fastpass for the attractions so you can book yourself on a ride, walk around and enjoy other sites, and then return at the given time without having to queue at all.
Disney on Parade
Disney on Parade begins in fantasyland near the entrance of Storybook Theatre. It starts at either 1:00pm or 3:30pm depending on the closing time of the park (Check Park Calendar). Try to arrive 15 minutes early in order to secure a spot with a choice view.
“Disney in the Stars” Fireworks
“Disney in the Stars” fireworks are shown every night at 7:00pm or 8:00pm depending on the closing time of the park (Check Park Calendar). Arrive 15 minutes early at the square in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Fantasyland. Witness the sky transform into a beautiful piece of art.
- Adults: regular HK$295, peak HK$350
* Peak days include weekends, Hong Kong public holidays, summer school holidays in July and August, and the Golden Week holidays in May and October.
Where to buy tickets:
(1) At Hong Kong Disneyland Ticket Express
(2) Online booking (To pick up at the Ticket Express counter):
(3) Reservation Center:
(4) Your local travel agency: Purchase tickets as part of your Hong Kong travel package
(5) At Hong Kong Disneyland main entrance: From 9:00am until the park closes
How to get there:
At Sunny Bay MTR station, take the exclusive Disneyland Resort line to Disneyland Resort Station.
1. Check the daily schedule of the park.
Collect the Times Guide at Guest Relations on the day of your visit for more information about that day’s shows and event times, including any revisions to schedules. Make reference to the daily schedule of the park before you start your journey:
2. Purchase Disneyland Resort Line 1-Day Pass.
A combination ticket featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy is available at the MTR Hong Kong Station Tung Chung line concourse. A discount is given on the MTR round trip ticket which costs HK$50 on top of the normal price of a park ticket. Regular HK$345. Peak HK$400.
3. Collect tickets booked online.
Travelers who have booked park tickets online, please remember to bring the confirmation email (or the confirmation code) and also the credit card you made payment with.
4. Get a FASTPASS.
Some visitors may want to consider getting a FASTPASS for all of the attractions at the beginning of their Disneyland journey. However, it is often not easy to predict your designated return time for to each attraction, and times may clash with each other. A better option is to obtain the FASTPASS of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Space Mountain at the same time, as both of them are located at Tommorowland. (see also other tips about FASTPASS on the official website).
Did you know?:
- Hong Kong Disneyland is the only Disneyland in the world that has a real-life stunning mountain and sea view as a backdrop. To increase the park’s natural beauty, more than 18,000 trees representing more than 300 different species have been planted in Hong Kong Disneyland. The trees are mainly from China, Australia, Thailand and Malaysia. The oldest one is a 100 year old Brachychiton Rupestris that is only be found in Australia.
- Specially designed Hong Kong Disneyland Fairy Tale Weddings packages are available in Disneyland. A Disney Professional Wedding Planner can help you plan your romantic “Happily-ever-after” with your loved one.
Estimated duration of trip:
Minimum of 1 day