On your profile it asks you to select your "English Level". We suggest you select this based on the following guidelines.
- Do you speak English as your first language? If so, select "Native".
- Are you able to understand 95% of what customers say to you? Can you explain anything to them in English in a concise manner? Do you make few errors in pronunciation and grammar? If so, select "Fluent".
- Are you able to understand 70% of what customers say to you? Are you able to explain anything to your customers in English? If so, select "Intermediate".
- Do you have a basic understanding of English? Are you able to provide your customers with a satisfactory trip, albeit with communication difficulties along the way? If so, select "Basic". In general, if you have only a basic command of English, we feel you should not be charging English-speaking customers for your services. However, there are some tour guides on Synotrip that provide services for free in order to practice their English or make friends.
- Do you speak no English at all? If so, select "N/A". There are some tour guides that provide services in other languages. Of course, if you don't know any English, this help page doesn't help you much anyways...